Last Updated: August 31, 2021
WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- Identifiers, which may include name, address, Internet Protocol address, or email address. These are sourced directly from you or indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on the Site). They are used to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Site, to respond to an inquiry, to provide our services, or to screen for potential risk or fraud. We disclose this information to internet service providers and administrative service providers.
- Internet, technical or other similar network activity, which may include usage and browsing history; device information, including device properties; search history; information on your interaction with our Site; and error logs. We source this information directly or indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on our Site). We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to screen for potential risk or fraud, or to improve our Site. We disclose this information to administrative service providers, data analytics providers, and internet service providers. Please see our “DO WE USE ‘COOKIES’?” section for more information on our collection, use, and opt-out options.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect information in the following ways:
- Directly from you when you enter information on our Site. For example, when you sign up for our newsletter, you enter your e-mail address. If we host a promotion or survey, we may request information from you.
- From third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive your personally identifiable information from third parties, which include: Internet, technical or other similar network activity from analytics providers such as Google, advertising networks and social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. We may also receive identifiers and commercial information from providers of technical, payment and delivery services
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register or use certain Site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content, services, and offerings in which you are most interested.
- To provide our services.
- To improve our Site.
- To allow us to better respond to requests or inquiries.
- To send periodic emails or marketing materials.
- For advertising and marketing purposes.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- To notify you about changes to our Site.
LAWFUL BASES UPON WHICH WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We collect and use personally identifiable information when we have a lawful basis to do so. The lawful bases upon which we rely include:
- To protect your vital interests. We may, for example, process personally identifiable information for health and safety reasons and/or to protect the public interest.
- At your direction and with your consent.
- For scientific research purposes.
- For other legitimate business purposes. This includes but is not limited to legal compliance and the purposes described above.
HOW DO WE PROTECT VISITOR INFORMATION?
The security of your information is very important to us and we will only collect personally identifiable information to the extent deemed reasonably necessary. Please understand, however, that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Site or providing information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. We may post a notice via our Site if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
DO WE USE ‘COOKIES’?
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
We will retain your information for as long as needed to comply with our accounting and legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits visitors to the Site who are California residents to request certain information, once a year, regarding our disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes at this time.
INDIVIDUAL DATA RIGHTS
Depending on your residence, the rights available to you may differ in some respects. We will respond to any rights request in accordance with local legal regulations.
If you wish to make a request related to any of these rights, please click here.
Right of access
You may have the right to get confirmation about whether or not your personally identifiable information is being processed. If so, you have the right to access the personally identifiable information and other information, such as the purposes, the categories of personally identifiable information, the recipients (or categories of recipients) to whom the personally identifiable information have been or will be disclosed, for particular recipients in third countries or international organizations, where possible, the predicted period that the personally identifiable information will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period, your rights, etc.
Where feasible and permitted by law, we will provide a copy of the personally identifiable information we are processing. For any further copies, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs. If you make the request by electronic means, and unless otherwise requested, the information shall be provided in electronic form.
Right to rectification.
You may have the right to rectify or complete your personally identifiable information if inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
You may have the right to the erasure of your personally identifiable information in certain circumstances. For examples, see below:
- Your personally identifiable information are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were processed.
- You withdraw your consent on which the processing is based, and we have no other legal ground for the processing.
- You object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing.
- You personally identifiable information have been unlawfully processed
- Your personally identifiable information have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
This right shall not apply to the extent that processing is necessary for the below purposes.
- For exercising the right of freedom of expression and information.
- For compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by a law to which we are subject.
- For the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
- For reasons of public interest in the area of public health.
- For archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of our legal claims.
Right to restriction of processing
You may have the right to restrict the processing for the below reasons:
- You contest the accuracy of your personally identifiable information, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personally identifiable information.
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personally identifiable information and request the restriction of their use.
- We no longer need the personally identifiable information for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- You exercised your right to object to processing pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
Right to data portability
You may have the right to receive the personally identifiable information that you have given us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You have the right to send that personally identifiable information to another controller, if the processing is based on consent pursuant or on a contract and is carried out by automated means.
Right to object
You may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of your personally identifiable information which is based on our legitimate purposes. We will stop processing the personally identifiable information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. If personally identifiable information is processed for direct marketing purposes, including profiling, you may object at any time.
Automated individual decision-making, including profiling
You may have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, except under certain exceptions under local law. We do not engage in automated decision-making or profiling.
Right to withdraw consent
Where the processing of personally identifiable information is based on your consent, you may have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before withdrawal.
Right to anonymity
You may also have a right to request anonymity. This means that your personally identifiable information would not be collected or processed. If you choose to exercise this right, we may not be able to provide you with your requested goods or services.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You may have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you wish to make a request regarding any of the above rights, please contact us at the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
HOW DOES OUR SITE HANDLE DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS?
The “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) privacy preference is an option that may be made in some web browsers allowing you to opt-out of tracking by websites and online services. At this time, global standard DNT technology is not yet finalized and not all browsers support DNT. We therefore do not recognize DNT signals and do not respond to them.
The Site is not intended for use by minors under 18. We do not knowingly collect information from visitors under the age of 18 and, in the event that we learn that a person under the age of 18 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete such personally identifiable information.
Attn: Privacy Officer
8403 Colesville Rd. Suite 306
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Phone: (240) 847-5280
Education Changes Everything:
Give the gift of education and help girls and boys live healthier, happier, more productive lives.Donate Now